Friday, September 12, 2008

A drifting view of the world.

I was riding the train to work today and i did the same thing i always do when traveling on rails - i stared out the window and listened to my music. And i realised that i find this extremely calming and wonderful. Somehow the passing scenery playing to an awesome soundtrack makes me forget all the troubles of the world and just ooze in the moment. But I wonder why this is? I have no answer to that, all I know is that its a feeling i enjoy immensly. And its not constricted to one feeling, depending on the music flooding your ears the mood can range from euphoric to mellow to outright melancholic.

Sitting in a train listening to really good music, seeing glimpses of peoples lives as you pass them by does something to me. It makes me realise just how great the world we live in is. I don't know how, but seeing all those people going about their business - children playing in the park, an elderly woman pushing her bike up a hill or a couple walking hand in hand, all these moments make me feel confident that the world is a good place after all.

Try it. Jump on a train, any train. Put some good music on and just watch the scenery and the lives of the people around drift gently past you.

No comments: