Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Small Things

You know what I enjoy immensely? Sitting on a mat with lots of pillows around you and maybe a blanket or two wrapped loosely over you. A few candles and some warm tea (though preferably glögi at this time of the year). To top it off the company of someone you care aboout. Unfortunately I have yet to experience the previous this winter season.

It's these small moments of tranquility and happiness that I look forward to, but sadly they happen ever so rarely, largely due to my short-comings. However, I'm hoping this will change with a change in my interior design, which I will implement shortly. I'm gonna arrange it so that I have a corner with 10ish pillows and a few bigger "floor" pillows and a low table with my typewriter, with candles all over the place. I shall call it "The Meadow", or perhaps something better that I have yet to think of.

These small moments of joy are what makes life great, at least to me. Good company and a good environment is all you need. But remember those special 'perfect' moments don't come along that often, so if you find yourself thinking "This is perfect, I wish this moment lasted forever", make sure it does. Soak it in, remember it, think of it, take it all in. And later, reminisce over it with your friend(s). But don't let it pass you by. This also means not focusing too much on it either because you will miss it, just let it flow through you and feel life surging through your veins.

Feel.
Feel the moment.
And love life.

Appropriate song: John Wayne Gacy, Jr. - Sufjan Stevens

No comments: