Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Return of the Prodigal Son


Im back. Amsterdam is a city in my past. Though an eventful, amazing, crazy, beautiful, fantastic city, I absolutely love it. A curious sidenote: when we were landing in Finland and I saw the lights of Espoo and Helsinki shining beneath me all covered in a pure white blanket of snow, I got a feeling of patriotism in my gut, its hard to explain but it just felt good, I really felt this was home. I guess the place you call home really is a special place, which I believe it is.

Anyway, the trip was fantastic. Saw 18 movies in 5 days and attended many lectures and debates and whathaveyous with the documentary film elite. Was an extremely inspiring trip and I feel rejuvenated, even though we barely had any time to do anything apart from watching movies and attending lectures. But if you are interested in whats going on in the world, IDFA is a must to visit at some point. You get to see the absolute best documentaries in the world, in one of the best cities in the world, not a bad combo if you ask me.

Ill get back to you soon with my recommendations of movies you should see. Until then, keep your head on straight and don't let people tell you what to think.

No comments: